Alan is a senior portfolio manager and author who has worked in the Canadian financial services industry for the past 30 years.
He has managed client portfolios using an investment philosophy which maximizes the benefits of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) as the core holdings.
Alan also has extensive experience in discretionary portfolio management, derivative securities, strategic financial planning and investment strategies for high-net-worth private clients.
His values to his clients are focused on the following themes:
• Accepting a fiduciary standard of care to eliminate conflicts of interest;
• Making sensible decisions on their behalf;
• Understanding risk and evaluating whether their capital will be sufficient to meet their needs;
• Reducing costs and making their portfolio management fees visible to maximize their returns;
• Improving the tax-efficiency of the investment return they receive.